Voimatel’s extensive experience guarantees reliable network maintenance
For over ten years, Voimatel has been responsible for the maintenance of the Kymenlaakso Sähköverkko electricity network in South East Finland. A new three-year maintenance contract has just been signed. The security of supply improves every day through joint efforts.
For many years, Kymenlaakson Sähköverkko and Voimatel have joined forces to build an even better electricity network. Voimatel has been responsible for the maintenance of the low and medium voltage networks and also carried out other contract work involving mostly cabling.
The long co-operation that started in 2006 has been extended until 2020 by a new three-year agreement which includes maintenance for the small and medium voltage networks.
– Voimatel’s service capacity is getting better all the time. They have learnt the ropes and how to operate. Their methods have also developed. Probably the best feedback from us is the conclusion of a new three-year agreement with Voimatel. We are satisfied with the work done by the Koria team, reports Harri Nummenpää, Operations and Construction Manager at Kymenlaakson Sähköverkko.
In 2018, maintenance work will focus on the inspection areas of Loviisa and Askola. In addition, separate KSOY projects will be carried out in the area of Anjala, Orimattila, Hämeenkoski and Mäntsälä where, within one year, 23 km of cabling for a 20 kV network will be installed and 20 park substations constructed, 2 of which will be remote-operated. Terrain planning for the construction sites has already begun, the projects have been scheduled and the works will be completed by the end of November 2018. The projects will occur simultaneously with maintenance work. That is why assistance is required from the Tuusula team since the Koria team will not be able to manage everything on its own.
– An even workload and long-term cooperation with the network company have made it possible to develop maintenance operations and increase the number of installers. At the moment, it seems that we will continue on this path since the volumes are likely to grow in the coming years due to the aging of the distribution network, says Antti Rinkinen, Team Manager in Voimatel’s Koria team.
Maintenance and project work are carried out in compliance with the wishes of KSOY customers. Customers are listened to, and the aim is to provide as flexible a service as possible.
– The work on fields will be carried out before the start of the cultivation season. Breaks necessitated by installation work are minimised, and the aim is to complete all tasks in one go. Particular care is taken during dismantling which is done only with machines, says Petri Lehikoinen, Regional Manager at Voimatel.
Harri Nummenpää and Construction Manager Markku Kylmälä from Kymenlaakson Sähköverkko tell us that they are satisfied with the quality of the maintenance work.
– Voimatel is a contractor that focuses on maintenance work and adheres to schedules. We now have a partner that focuses properly on maintenance, even if the work may sometimes feel like drudgery. This is something we value, Nummenpää and Kylmälä emphasize.
– Flexibility of service is also important in the event of major disruptions, and the local Koria team has come to our aid when repairs have been needed. It is good to know that assistance is always available and that we can rely on about 10 extra installers near by, Nummenpää comments.